Moroccan Lamb Burgers with Rosemary Focaccia
- Serves: 4
- Preparation time: 20m plus proving time
- Cooking time: 20-25m
- 500g pack ciabatta bread mix
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 20g fresh rosemary + 1 sprig reserved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 500g lean minced lamb
- 1 tsp rose harissa paste
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Mix the bread mix with the garlic and half the rosemary and mix in 260ml warm water to form a dough. Knead on a lightly floured surface for 10 minutes. Return to the bowl, cover and leave to rest in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the lamb, harissa and remaining chopped rosemary and mould into 4 burgers, chill.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, gas mark 7.
- Knock back the dough and divide into 8, mould into flat rounds and place on 2 greased baking trays. Make dimples in the dough using a wooden spoon handle, sprinkle with salt and press in small sprigs of rosemary, leave in a warm place for 20 minutes until doubled in size then drizzle with 1 tbsp oil and bake for 20-25 minutes, swapping over the trays half way until golden.
- Heat the remaining oil and fry the burgers gently for 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally until cooked throughout. Serve with 4 rolls and some salad.