Mediterranean Minestrone Soup with Thyme
- Serves: 4
- Preparation time: 10m
- Cooking time: 15m
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped (170g)
- 1 carrot, diced (170g)
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 75g macaroni pasta
- 2 tbsp chopped thyme
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ Savoy cabbage, shredded (125g)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the onion and carrot for 3-4 minutes. Add the tomatoes, stock, macaroni, thyme and beans and bring to the boil, simmer for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cabbage and cook for a further 2 minutes until tender. Serve immediately with crusty bread.
- Puree the soup and stir in the remaining coriander. Serve garnished with the croutons.